After extensive experience in corporate America implementing, designing and executing marketing plans for several Fortune 500 companies, Scott had several life changing events that focused his skills and talents more locally. The change could not have been a better one. Scott successfully brings his extensive talent of marketing and increasing revenues for fortune 500 companies to local buyers and sellers of real estate in the Coast side area of San Mateo County. The statistics prove his successful approach.
Alain Pinel Realtors, Specializing in Rural and Ranch properties
· Buyers represented by Scott paid an average of 92% of asking, well under the area average of 96%.
· Sellers represented by Scott received 113% of their asking price, well over the area average of 92%
· Sold over $15M in real estate in the first two years
DIRECTOR, MARKET MANAGEMENT 2002-2003
Broadwing, a telecommunications company with over $2 Billion in annual sales. San Mateo, CA / Austin, TX
· Created the product P&L for the $30M Broadwing IP product line.
· Analyzed Pricing, Promotion for IP access, VPN, dial, IP video conferencing and managed network services, resulting in better product positioning and focus.
· Influenced Sales to successfully re-focus IP product sales efforts on higher bandwidth opportunities with higher EBITDA margins.
· Led Engineering and Finance to decrease Peering cost 92%.
· Completed full P&L analysis on all IP products, resulting in Broadwing exiting the wholesale dial business.
STRATEGIC CONSULTANT 2001
Stax Research A business analysis group and consulting firm specializing in short term projects. (Worked onsite for Tiara Networks now Tasman Networks, a router manufacturing company) San Jose, CA
· Assessed current market trends and provided strategic market direction.
· Performed market segmentation analysis resulting in a dramatic strategic shift in company focus.
· Counseled the CEO on current and future market segments and recommended strategic direction initiatives.
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING 2001
iAsiaWorks, an international web hosting company focused on the Asian market. Burlingame, CA
· Completed market segmentation analysis resulting in a strategic shift in product offerings.
· Led a team of 19 marketing professionals in 4 countries spanning 4 native languages
· Refocused the marketing organization to better address product marketing and sales support efforts
· Designed, built and launched 5 products in 3 months.
DIRECTOR, IP PRODUCT MARKETING AND STRATEGY 2000
New York, NY
· Counseled the CEO and President on IP trends and strategy positions in the emerging building-centric market.
· Developed the product development and marketing process.
· Negotiated and finalized alliances with several different partners.
· Designed the strategy for implementing customer-managed networks.
· Formulated the P&L for the IP products
SENIOR MANAGER, COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE 1997-2000
Qwest Communications International
Boise, ID/ Denver, CO
- Designed and implemented Qwest’s first competitive organization, responsible for monitoring the competitive landscape and making marketplace recommendations to executives.
- Developed Qwest’s first competitive intranet, including information on over 60 competitors in the first 3 months of creating the organization.
- Recruited and led a team of individuals responsible for corporate-wide competitive intelligence.
- Led the Marketing Help Desk, with responsibility for answering all marketing questions from the sales and customer service organizations.
IP PRODUCT LINE MANAGER 1997
Electric Lightwave, a telecommunications Competitive Local Exchange carrier with revenues of over $500Million.
· Defined the Electric Lightwave Internet strategy resulting in 17% revenue growth.
· Built for the P&L of all IP products.
· Pursued key Internet peering partners leading to a decreased cost of 32%
· Created the ELI Service Level Agreement.
· Designed and received executive approval for the ELI Web Hosting center.
PACIFIC REGION MANAGER 1993-1997
internetMCI, Internet Solutions Team
Seattle, WA/ Boise, ID
· Drove all Internet revenue growth for the Pacific Region to an uplift of 116%.
· Internet Solutions Team increased national Web Hosting annual revenue run rate from less than $1 million in 1996 to $13 million by year-end 1997.
· Managed over 300 sales reps using Matrix management techniques.
· Managed Web hosting projects and directed application engineers.
· Trained sales and management on MCI's Internet products and services.
· Presented MCI's Internet strategy and products to all cross-functional boundaries of MCI's Fortune 200 accounts, from CEO's to IS managers.
BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY 1991
Bachelor of Arts, emphasis on organizational communication
COLUMNIST, TELECONOMICS.COM 2001
GLOBAL FINANCE MAGAZINE
Panelist “Roundtable: E-Finance Technology Providers Aim at ROI” June 2001
LOS ANGELES BUSINESS JOURNAL
Published “Internet Connectivity; Your business lifeline to e-commerce” July 1998
MCI MASTERS 1995, 1996
(Rewarded to the top 5% of sales, support and service representatives world-wide)
What others are saying:
Irene and I just want to thank you for everything you did in selling our house. You really performed above and beyond the call of duty. At times you were " Dr. Phil " talking us through some of the emotional times. When we told you we were " big believers" in open houses you held our house open every sunday - YOURSELF!
When we thought that the "Homes and Land" advertising could be enhanced-you did even more than we expected.
You made sure we were happy with everything you were doing by asking us straight out " are you happy with everything I am doing? " and " do you think there is anything else you would want me to do"?
Most of all Scott, you treated us like friends, making it totally comfortable for us to express our wishes and needs. We would definatley use you again and would recommend you to our friends and family.
Harvey La Flamme & Irene Luciano
CEO, Godvida Rubber
To whom it may concern:
Scott Hayes recently was my realtor of choice on a difficult estate sale. Although I had considered two other listing agents for this probate sale, I chose Scott, and I'm glad I did. The property was littered with junk cars which he disposed of by first winching the cars up a steep driveway. In additon, a septic inspection was necessary, but no one
knew where the septic tank was located. To facilitate the septic inspection, he physically dug the holes himself looking for that septic tank. How many agents would rise to the occasion and get down and dirty like that?
My feeling is that Scott is one in a thousand, no, one in ten thousand, and I would recommend him to anyone.
Pt. Richmond, CA
Owner, Field Designs
Scott has been a great realtor to us in finding our dream house. He has demonstrated that he is a very hard-working, diligent, efficient, and conscientious individual. His efforts to do everything possible to accomplish his goal is highly commendable and we really appreciate him. His patience in explaining the process of buying a house and the paperwork associated with this has made our experience very enjoyable.
We highly recommend Scott Hayes to anyone and we truly believe that he is the best.
James Parker and Family
Woodside, Ca 94062
Both Mom and I wanted to take a moment to express our absolute appreciation for the job that you've done in selling her property.
Going back to our earliest discussions, your initial thoughts on market timing, recommended improvements, pricing, and time required to sell were absolutely on the mark. Then, your work in coordinating the work that needed to be done, the inspections that had to take place, and ultimately in actually cleaning the property yourself - were indicative of your outstanding service and appreciated more than you could know.
Because of all this, we were able to not only end up with five immediate offers but more importantly, the bidding war that ensued raised the final sales price by well over $150k past our initial asking price! And, the work that you did in getting any closing risks quickly mitigated and locking down a solid back up offer were just as important. Scott, by anyone's definition, this was a world class effort from a guy that has been nothing short of terrific to work with.
I said this before but, you have more than justified the faith that we all put in you. I honestly can't thank you enough for preparing a solid marketing plan, taking some headaches off of our shoulders, and helping implement a strategy which quickly solidified our best offer and removed most of it's apparent risks. Please know that we'll always be appreciative and would be more than pleased to serve as a rock solid reference for anyone that is considering you as their Realtor.
We will look forward to a nice celebration dinner when we see you at time of closing. Until then, just know that we're all thankful we had Scott Hayes as our partner on this.
With best regards,
We would like to than you for all your help in researching the market, finding suitable properties and finally purchasing our wonderful home in Woodside.
Despite the fact that we are continually traveling, extremely difficult to get hold of and schedule time with, you made the entire process straightforward and without undue stress for us.
We truly appreciate your effort and dedication in understanding our preferences and desires, respecting the parameters in which we asked you to work within, flexibility working around our schedules, your honesty and perspective on the properties that we visited with you, and no fuss style.
Throughout the entire house-buying process we were impressed with your thoroughness, kindness, honesty and knowledge. It will be our pleasure to recommend you to anyone wanting to buy real estate in the Skyline area.
Again, thank you for assisting us in finding the house of our dreams.
Maxine & Jaime